Eventhough UNDP desperation makes them to publish fake documentation, which is made post Herfkens story, the stupidity of UNDP's spokesperson to suck Dervis's and Melkert's ass goes this far. But it doesn't matter let's analyze it in detail and take it for granted that these are originals and UNDP is presenting them as truth.
- UNDP FOR THE RECORD
25 February, 2008 - On the housing subsidy received by Eveline Herfkens
Press reports continue to circulate that Eveline Herfkens, Executive Coordinator of the Millennium Campaign, was paid $225,000 per year by the UN for part-time work. In fact, Ms. Herfken' signed a contract in November 2002 for a net annual salary of $134,331. She signed a new contract in November 2006 for a net annual salary of $144,968.01. In both cases the net annual salary was to be pro-rated in the case of part time work (meaning she would receive less than the figures indicated). To view Ms. Herfken's contracts please click here (2002 - 06) (2006 - 07).
The above shows how the ignorant UNDP's spokesperson and 14 other Public and Media Relation advisors are - Thanks to UNDP the attachment provided in the 2002-06 period shows that:
- UNDP STATEMENT: In fact, Ms. Herfken' signed a contract in November 2002 for a net annual salary of $134,331. She signed a new contract in November 2006 for a net annual salary of $144,968.01. In both cases the net annual salary was to be pro-rated in the case of part time work (meaning she would receive less than the figures indicated).
- FACTS CONTRADICTING UNDP: In same document UNDP claim is original, the documents contradicts what UNDP states about pro-rating her salarry. If the salary was pro-rated, how come Herfkens was granted same full 30 days leave in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005?? :
- UNDP STATEMENT: 9 January 2008 - Eveline Herfkens:
- She worked on this contract for three years full time. In her fourth year (1 November 2005 – 31 October 2006), at her own request, she worked at 75 percent of full time, and her salary was pro-rated accordingly.
Ms. Herfkens reached the maximum number of years allowed under an ALD contract (four years) on 1 November 2006. Upon completion of this contract, and on the basis of her performance record, the UNDP Office of Human Resources issued Ms. Herfkens what is called a “200 series fixed term appointment” at the equivalent level (L-7 step 6), for a period of one year, effective 1 November 2006. The contract was again pro-rated at Ms. Herfken’s request, this time at 90 percent of full time.
- FACTS CONTRADICTING UNDP:
- While UNDP on 9th of January declared that Eveline's contract was prorated at 75% of full time (2005-06) and 90% of full time (2006-07), the document that UNDP published today say that Eveline Herfkens contract was of at 80% of full time for 2002-2006. Who should we believe???
- UNDP STATEMENT: UNDP's David Morrison as well as Eveline Herfkens have always maintained that she was never aware of the UNDP's rules on housing subsidy.
- FACTS CONTRADICTING UNDP: In same document published by David Morrison, for 2002-2006, UNDP explicitely had an agreement with Eveline Herfkens on Housing.
- UNDP STATEMENT: Morrison has stated that Eveline Herfkens was a A5/4 (mid-level officer) during 2002-2006, and that on November 2006 she became L7/6 (senior director level). See both document published by UNDP.
- FACTS CONTRADICTING UNDP: (a) how can an A5/4 (mid level officer) be nominated Assistant Secretary General ? (b) let's assume she was an A5/4 how did she made it to L7/6 working on a part-time basis ? Regular staff would have required 13.5 years to make it from A5/4 to L7/6. But this UNDP document produced and posted in UNDP Procurement Unit when they approved Herfkens contract in Sept 2007, totally contradicts all the above statements:
- UNDP STATEMENT: 9 January 2008 - As with all UN staff at the Assistant Secretary-General level, the appointment included business class travel and a UN gold grounds pass. A gold pass facilitates visual recognition of the bearer as senior staff, and allows the individual to enter the UN Secretariat by the Delegates Entrance.
- FACTS CONTRADICTING UNDP: How can UNDP claim she was an ASG when the contract UNDP published today for the period 2002-2006 was at A5/4 (mid level officer)? In no where in the that contracts is written that Herfkens is an ASG. Who issued the GOLD pass to Herfkens with a contract that states she is an A5/4?